This post may contain affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer.
Easy roasted tomato and butternut squash soup
Fall is my all-time favorite season! Everything about fall I love so much- from the weather, the leaves changing, pumpkin spiced, Halloween, and most importantly the food.
Fall is officially the start of soup season. Soup is a top-tier meal in my house and one of my favorite things to make. I make any and all kinds of soup, which you can find them all in my recipes category on my blog!
Today we are talking about roasted tomato and butternut squash soup. It’s the perfect combination of an amazing summer fruit- tomatoes, paired with one of the best fruits of fall- squash. Butternut squash is just so warm and cozy and I love making dishes with it all season long!
I really love Trader Joe’s Fall Harvest soup which has butternut squash, tomatoes, and pumpkin. I figured I could easily replicate this at home using fresh ingredients. I left out the pumpkin because I am not too big of a pumpkin soup fan. This soup gives you all the cozy fall vibes that the TJ soup gives and it’s super healthy! I mean it’s all veggies.
I cook for 2 and usually like to make a little extra for leftovers. If you are cooking for more people, double the amount of ingredients and so on. When it comes to measurements, I like to measure with my heart. For instance, I love garlic for me the more garlic the better! So if you don’t like garlic as much use however many cloves you want.
This recipes is so easy to make and doesn’t take long at all. Roast it, blend it, and voila! A perfect creamy roasted tomato and butternut squash soup.
This post is all about easy roasted tomato and butternut squash soup!
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash
- 8 Tomatoes ( I use Roma tomatoes)
- 1 Onion
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Broth ( I use vegetable broth)
- Salt and Pepper
- Heavy Cream (optional)
- Croutons as a garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is preheating prepare all of your ingredients. First I peel the butternut squash. I slice in half long ways and scoop out the seeds and guts. Then I cube the squash. Set aside.
- Chop up an onion. It doesn’t really matter how small you chop it up so I leave it as long slices.
- Slice tomatoes in half.
- Peel garlic.
- Pour olive oil on baking sheet. Place all of your ingredients onto the baking sheet and rub them down with the olive oil. Spread out the ingredients so they’re flat on the baking sheet. Put the tomatoes facing down, skin side up. I like to put some of the garlic cloves under the tomatoes. Sprinkle your salt, pepper, basil. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until squash cubes are soft and you can easily put a fork in them.
- Once done peel off the skins of the tomatoes. Put everything into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add soup into a pot on the stove. Add your broth. Let simmer.
- This part is optional but I like to add a smidge of heavy cream to give it a creamier consistency. You can add any alternative like greek yogurt, or some dairy-free milk. Or you can leave it as is!
- Once heated up pour in your bowl and garnish with some crispy croutons and parmasen cheese!
This post was all about roasted tomato and butternut squash soup.
Other Posts You May Like: